Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thinking Forward

I work about 30 minutes away from our home in Forest Lake, MN. This drive gives me a lot of time to think about life, such as our future in farming. There are a so many different things to think about when starting something you have never done before and multiple problems that are going to come up, which hopefully I will have thought out before any of them become a devastating problem. Some factors I have already been considering are landlords (while leasing land), getting water to the animals, fencing, feeding, buying the right breeding stock, where I even find land to lease, building my market, packaging and storing our product, growing the farm and balancing my day job, just to start.

Oh yeah, and doing it all without going into debt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment